What we do
We offer a safe and secure place to throw sharp objects at high speeds in close proximity to other people. Legally, of course. But we’re so much more than that. You’ll just have to come and find out for yourself though.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU THROW
Our rules are designed to keep you and our axe-perts safe while you’re showing off and splitting stumps. And, hey. If it makes you feel any better, we have to follow them too.
- Participants must be age 14 and over to throw. Anyone under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult.
- Throwers are required to follow all rules and instructions provided by the axe-perts.
- Closed-toe shoes are required in order to participate. No exceptions.
- Participants may not enter the throwing area unless invited in by an axe-pert.
- Axes will be provided. No personal axes will be allowed on the premises (unless part of a League).
- Axes are only to be thrown as demonstrated by the axe-pert.
- Always check surrounding areas prior to throwing.
- Never hand off an axe. Always return to and retrieve from either the axe bins or the floor.
- Never turn away from the axe/target until the axe has come to a complete stop.
- Never be in possession of more than one axe at a time.
- Juggling, bouncing, underhanded throws, and irresponsible behavior will not be tolerated.
- Wait until your axe throwing partner has finished their throw before retrieving your axe from the target.
- DO NOT try to catch an axe that has bounced off the wall or floor!
- Food and drinks are not permitted within the throwing area.
- Inform axe-perts of any injuries or broken targets/axes immediately.
- Keep fingers, hands, and all other body parts within the confines of your assigned lane.
- We are BYOB (Beer and Wine only, no hard liquor).
- Axe-perts will be monitoring all alcohol consumption and will not allow anyone who appears to be visibly intoxicated to throw.
- Axe-perts reserve the right to refuse entry or suspend axe throwing activities for any reason at their discretion.
- Intoxicated guests will be asked to leave the premises. No refunds or reschedules will be permitted in these instances.
- For the time being we cannot accept more than 6 guests in a single lane and 12 guests in a double lane.
- We adhere to all government mandated safety and social distancing guidelines.
- Masks required by employees and guests at all times, with the only exception being to have a drink.
- We request that all guests sanitize or wash their hands before and after their session.
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded to accommodate COVID protocols with new fresh air being cycled through the space constantly.
- All high touch areas are sanitized after every session, including axes and bar tops.
Join a League
- We adhere to all WATL (World Axe Throwing League) rules for league play.
- Registration for leagues will be announced via email. If you’re interested in signing up for a league, add your name to our email list to be notified!
- League fee is $150.00 per person. This includes all matches and final tournament.
- Minimum requirement of 30 players needed to form a league.
- Personal axes are allowed as long as they conform to the WATL specifications for competitive axes.
- A league specific axe can be rented from Split Pine for any and all matches on the day of. They may also be purchased from Split Pine and customized (taped or branded) by us, for a fee
Please see the official WATL website for more rules and regulations. Or, contact us for more info!